Malibu Cameras - HORRIBLE BUSINESS- TOTAL FRAUD

HORRIBLE BUSINESS and PEOPLE. Complete fraud is right.

Placed an order more then 3 weeks before my trip. Not only did they bait and switch me over the phone but after a few weeks it never arrived. So after multiple calls trying to find out where it was because I had not received it, They kept hanging up on me and then put on some answering machine so I could not reach a person. They were rude, crude and should be reported.

I can't believe the way they treat and talk to a customer let alone a human.

My camera never came when I needed it (as it never shipped but they wouldn't tell me that) and so it arrived wayyyyy after my trip and then it was a disaster getting ny money back. Do NOT buy here if you want to keep you pease of mind, it is a disastrous fraud.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 28, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Scam Artists

They'll probably like the title as it makes them look like Artist. Well it ends there.

They're no good. I placed an order on line for a Gopro Hero5 Black camera. They're price was $359.99, they also had a 5% discount listed at checkout. I said great and put in for it.

Total checkout price was $341.99. I felt good a that was a pretty good price. Next day I received an email from Malibu Cameras say to call them for immediate shipment or the shipment would be delayed for 24 to 48 hours. I called the number and it was all about changing out the 20 minute battery for either a 3 hour or a 5 hour battery.

In one fell swoop I agreed to the new price of $399.99 to include a five hour battery. I was angry with myelf all day after that scam job. They never said how large the battery was or what the original battery was in mAh. Later that night I received an email from my CC Bank that they rejected the purchase and wanted to talk to me.

I was happy their scam never went through. I ended up canceling my CC and had a new card issued so they could never get their scam charged. Ya part of this was my fault for blindly accepting their scam but in the end my CC was in my corner.

Avoid these people at all costs. Had I researched their site I would have seen all the angry people that had done busines with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 12, 2017.

Ripped off at Malibu Cameras!!

I recently ordered a Canon EOS rebel T6 that Malibu cameras advertised for $299 ($319 with tax) I realized it didn't come with batteries, but a few days later they called me to confirm the order and wanted to sell me a battery for $60, which I had already ordered from Amazon for $15...they really hard pressed me... I declined.

They said no problem. Over a month went by and no camera arrived... I emailed them, and waited for over 40 minutes on their "customer service line" with no answering before I had to go to work. I checked my visa bill and it showed they had hit me for $369 (instead of the advertised $319) and yet they still had not shipped the product!

What knuckle heads...

I have never had a worse on-line buying experience! Do NOT use these lame complete cheaters!

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Deceptive marketing and csr.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 08, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Deceptive "family business"

Oh wow, I just had the same experience! I ordered a camera from them online and they even had a promo for an additional 5% off.

I was so happy with the price! Then they called to confirm billing info and told me I needed an $80 battery (apparently all cameras are sold without batteries according to them - which is a lie). I refused the battery and was then quoted a "new total" with additional "handling fees" and told the 5% promo was for wire transfers only! Who pays via wire transfer?

I said I had a receipt for a specific amount and was unaware of all the additional fees. Mickey's response was "well you can just cancel the order then." So that's what I did!

If it seems too good to be true, then it most likely is. Lesson learned.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 03, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Simple Review #1485936776

Csr - terrible customer service yelled at me when I tried to cancel my order and hung up on me. Emailed several times to cancel my order they responded we refunded your card.

3 weeks later no refund. I am actually in the process of disputing charges.

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 01, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Nikon D5300 Camera SCAM!!!!

1.6

"Malibu Cameras", HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, awful customer service. A week ago I bought online a camera, after some days I got an email requesting to contact to verify the billing info, they offered me an expensive battery that I refused to buy, since then they told that the camera is no longer available and will return my payment.

I asked for a reason and they said they don't know.

Why pay more for something you can get for 1/5 of the price they offer to you, this company should be out of the market for cheating their customers. Why pay more for something you can get for 1/5 of the price they offer to you, this company should be out of the market for cheating their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 03, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Simple Review #1483315751

Total scam. Price does not include battery or charger.

Tried to upsell me on accessories i did not want. Tried to cancel order and csr told me to have fun dealing with their credit card processir in Latvia Stay away.

Their prices appear cheaper for a reason. It is not real !

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 01, 2017.

Malibu Cameras - Simple Review #1482616922

BBB.com can and will fix it people.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 24, 2016.

Malibu Cameras - Simple Review #1481651866

Do not buy from this company. They will charge you more than what you were quoted on their web page.

Don't expect to get your order right away.

It took mine a month. Customer service is very rude.

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 13, 2016.

Malibu Cameras - Scam artists

2.5

I ordered a new lens from these folks for $569.00 and they called and said that the lens I ordered was a Europe model with a plastic mount and if I wanted a US model with the metal mount it would cost me $130 more ($699.00). I told them to send the US model and they said they would expedite shipping however after waiting 7 days I had not received the lens.

I called them and they said it was being shipped directly from Canon - they said nothing about expedited shipping but offered me a $20.00 rebate for my patience.

I think this is false advertising and have contacted the district attorney and filed a complaint as there web site said nothing about a Europe model vs a US model. After calling them several times to request shipping information they gave me a phony tracking number and at that point I said to cancel my order and they responded by hanging up.

Product or Service Mentioned: Malibu Cameras Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Scam artists - bait and switch - liers.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 12, 2016.

Comments

Tucker, Georgia, United States #1264449

Did you ever receive your merchandise? I placed an order today in the phone with him.

He said the card was declined for security (said it happens all the time). He said I needed to call the bank to ok the purchase. That was a red flag so I did some looking into the company and found many more red flags, so I never called the bank to ok the purchase. Then I got an email with an invoice and on my bank website it shows the purchase.

Now I'm nervous that I'm in for a huge headache.

to Charles Henderson, Nevada, United States #1266661

Two hours after I cancelled the order via telephone they shipped the lens to me (two day shipment) which I refused to accept as I had no idea as to what they sent me. Then two weeks later they sent me an email stating they received the returned RMA?

lens and upon inspection would issue a refund.

Since I already can cancelled the charge I wonder what their game is now. Buy elsewhere and cancel this order.