Similar experience to different post regarding the same Nikon D5200 camera kit.I purchased online, received an immediate email confirming purchase...all looked ok.

The following day, I received a phone call offering to sell me the battery and charger for the camera I had purchased. When I indicated that I was surprised that those items were not a part of the kit, CSR explained that I had bought a wholesale model and it was without battery, charger, strap, manuals, etc. I asked why none of this was noted on the sales site, he modified his explanation to note that I had ordered an "import" model. He'd happily switch me order to the "domestic" version for an additional $170.

I told him that I was unaware that any Nikon products were produced in America and that I really didn't care about the country of origin and that I had believed Nikons were made in Thailand. The very terse CSR went on tho explain that they do a lot of business in China and that this model was made for the "import" market and only featured Chinese language. I own a different D5200 which support many languages and I asked the CSR if I could simply change to a different language on the camera. He said no, these "import" models only support Chinese and they were initially destined for the Chinese "import" market.

When I asked him if he meant the "domestic" market (Chinese camera sold in China), he hung up on me.

I called my card issuer and made certain that there was not a pending charge from Malibu Camera Clearly, Malibu Camera is selling gray-market product and I believe their marketing and customer service reps are deceptive.I would recommend steering clear of this company.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Malibu Cameras. The most disappointing about nikon d5200 camera kit from Malibu Cameras was deceptive marketing and csr Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Malibu Cameras.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Malibu Cameras to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Malibu Cameras?

Comments

Concord, California, United States #1252687

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Lying and talking down to people is second nature to them.